REFERENCE - BHAISHAJYA RATNAVALI, GULMA ROGADHIKARA 56 – 62.
Khadiradi Vati (Gutika) is an ayurvedic formulation that is formed of various herbs. One of the main herb is Khadira. Khadira is a very rejuvenating herb. The word khadira is a Sanskrit word, which means, alleviating the disease and stabilizing the body. This formulation is very effective in treating various body ailments.
- Water for decoction - 49.152 liters, boiled and reduced to 12.288 litre.
- Khadira - Acacia catechu
- Arimeda - Acacia leucophloea
- Karpoora - Cinnamomum camphora
- Manjishta - Rubia cordifolia
- Dhataki - Woodfordia fruticosa
- Rasanjana - Aqueous extract of Berberis aristata
- Prapaundarika - Nymphaea stellata
- Yashti - Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Chandana - Santalum album
- Jatamansi - Nardostachys jatamansi
- Haritaki - Terminalia chebula
- Nagakeshara - Mesua ferrea
- Padmaka - Prunus puddum
- Laksha - Laccifer lacca
- Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellirica
- Usheera - Vetiveria zizanioides
- Musta - Cyperus rotundus
- Twak - Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Lodhra - Symplocos racemosa
- Balaka - Pavonia odorata
- Ela - Elettaria cardamomum
- Padma - Nelumbium speciosum
- Amalaki - Phyllanthus emblica
- Gairika - Purified red ochre
- Anjana - Aqueous extract of Berberis aristata
- Manjistha - Rubia cordifolia
- Katphala - Myrica nagi
- Haridra - Curcuma Longa
- Daruharidra - Berberis aristata
- Phalini - Callicarpa macrophylla
- Ela - Elettaria cardamomum
- Vacha - Acorus calamus
- Yavasa - Fagonia cretica/arabica
- Agaru - Aquilaria agallocha
- Pattanga - Caesalpinia sappan
- Kankola - Piper cubeba
- Jatikosha - Myristica fragrans
- Lavanga - Syzigium aromaticum
- Nakha - Capparis zeylanica
Method Of Preparation
- Take the ingredients according to given quantities. Take khadira up to 4.8 kg, arimeda up to 9.6 kg, karpoora up to 192 g, from ingredients number 5 to 36 took quantity up to 12 grams and 37 to 40 up to 48 grams.
- Powder all the ingredients and add to the decoction.
- Now dry and make the paste.
- Make the pills from the paste.
Khadiradi Vati is an herbal formulation in the form of a tablet. It is extremely beneficial in getting rid of bad breath, oral ulcers, teeth ailments etc. It works best when it is kept in the mouth and swallowed gradually. It has numerous properties like anti-inflammatory, astringent, expectorant and acts as an oral antiseptic also. The prime ingredient in this formulation consists of flavonoids, Catechin, Catechuic acid, Phloroglucin, Protocatechuic acid, Pyrocatechin and Quercetin. It has healing properties as it has a soothing effect on the throat and consists of antioxidants in a huge amount. It gives a clear voice and decreases hoarseness by reducing irritation and inflammation of vocal cords. It aids in pacifying all three doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Catechu is widely used for the local treatment of otitis and otorrhoea. Khadiradi vati is used to treat mouth problems like diseases of lips, gums, teeth, tongue, palate, throat etc. Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bronchi). It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of stomatitis, bad breath, diseases of teeth, dental caries, diseases of throat, tonsillitis, anorexia, locked jaw and such other diseases of buckle cavity.
- Bad breath
- Teeth disease
- Dental caries
- Locked jaw
- Throat ailments
Two capsules, three times a day, before or after meals.
- Burning sensation due to over dose.
- Take under medical supervision.