Loha Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Iron. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anemia, eye disorders, skin diseases etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Lauha Bhasma Uses:
- It is nourishing, sweet, sour and bitterin effect.
- It is coolant in nature and heavy to digest.
- It has scraping quality, hence useful in cardiovascular diseases.
- It improves strength, immunity, skin texture, complexion, memory, intelligence, digestive power and acts as natural aphrodisiac.
- It is useful in gastric complaints, skin diseases, eye disorders, bloating, splenomegaly, helminthiasis, obesity, diabetes, vomiting, asthma, bronchitis, herpes, abdominal colic, chronic respiratory disorders, liver disorders, piles, fistula, chronic diseases, emaciation, muscle wasting, dizziness, delusion.
Loha Bhasma is widely used in Ayurveda and it is a product of calcined iron. It strengthens the body and improves the production of RBCs. The person who suffers from loss of blood suffers from the consequences like pale skin, hair fall, loss of memory, panic attacks, fatigue etc. Lack of blood also affects the menstrual cycle in females. In such cases, iron formulation helps in improving the condition and enhances the production of RBCs. It also promotes longevity. This product helps in balancing Pitta and Kapha.
THE BASIC PREPARATION OF BHASMA INVOLVES A FEW STEPS:-
- Coating with herbal
- Triphala (Powdered Myrobalans)
- Cow's urine
Method Of Preparation
Mix the powdered Myrobalans in 700 ml of cow's urine and put it over the flame and boil it till It's reduced to 200 ml. Strain this concoction to crush the refined Iron and prepare round flat cakes and put them in a closed container and heat them at a temperature of 8800 degree Celsius for 4- 5 hours. Take it out and grind it with the formed decoction for a day and heat it again in a sealed container. Repeat this process for 21 times to attain the final product.
Loha Bhasma is formed when Iron is calcined through inorganic preparation. This formulation is extremely useful in managing anemia, phthisis, cardiac disorders, sexual debility, worm infestations, liver and spleen disorders, obesity, dyspepsia, piles, skin disorders. Primarily, this formulation helps in increasing the hemoglobin. Iron is known to provide vigor. It has anti-aging, anti-spasmodic properties. It is known to strengthen the body. Loha bhasma helps in curing diseases which occur due to vitiated Kapha and Pitta. It is an overall rejuvenator and has immunomodulatory properties. Calcined Iron is the main ingredient of this formulation. This formulation aids in blood coagulation and promotes increase in the hemoglobin level. It helps in igniting the digestive fire and enhances lost appetite. It is extremely nourishing. Loha Bhasma tastes sour and bitter. It is beneficial in eye and skin disorders also.
- As an anti-spasmodic
- Worm infestations
- Skin ailments
- Splenic disorders
- Bowel disorders
- Urinary disorders
- Eye disorders
- Respiratory diseases
- 125mg - 250 mg two times daily after meals.
- It can be taken with Trikatu (Long pepper, Black pepper and ginger), honey, clarified butter.
- Over dosage is strictly unadvisable as it may cause severe gastritis.
- This medicine should be taken under medical supervision.