Mahayograj Guggul is a very famous and versatile Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. This tablet has Guggulu (commiphora mukul) as its base.I t is used in a number of diseases. It has potent rejuvenative action. It should always be taken under strict medical supervision.
Mahayogaraj Guggul benefits:
It is widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment of joint diseases, skin diseases, piles, sprue, diabetes, gout, fistula, bloating, emaciation, low digestion power, asthma, cold, cough, anorexia, male and female infertility.
Effect on Tridosha – Calms all the three Doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Mahayograja Guggulu dosage:
1 – 2 tablets 2 – 3 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
REFERENCE: SHARANGADHARA SAMHITA MADHYAMA KHANDA 7/56-69
Mahayograj Guggul is a well-known and multipurpose Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form that balances all the three Doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This tablet has Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) as its base. It is useful in many diseases. It has strong rejuvenative action, and anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties and detoxifies body. It must always be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Ginger - 3 g
- Long pepper – 3 g
- Chavya (Piper cubeba) – 3 g
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – 3 g
- Hingu – Asafoetida – 3 g
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylancia) – 3 g
- Ajamoda (Trachyspermum roxburghianum) – 3 g
- Sarshapa – Mustard – 3 g
- Shwetajeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) – 3 g
- Krishnajeeraka (Carum carvi) – 3 g
- Renuka (Vitex agnus) – 3 g
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica) – 3 g
- Patha - Cyclea peltata - (Cissampelos pariera) – 3 g
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – 3 g
- Gajapippali (Piper chaba) – 3 g
- Katuka (Picrorrihiza kurroa) – 3 g
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum) – 3 g
- Bharngi (Clerodendron serratum) – 3 g
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) – 3 g
- Murva (Marsdenia tenacissima) – 3 g
- Triphala Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Amla (Emblica officinalis) - 40 g each
- Purified resin of Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) - 180 g
- Vanga Bhasma – 48 g
- Roupya Bhasma – 48 g
- Naga Bhasma – 48 g
- Loha Bhasma – 48 g
- Abhraka Bhasma – 48 g
- Mandura Bhasma – 48 g
- Rasasindhura – 48 g
Method Of Preparation
Heat process is used in its manufacturing. The Guggulu (gum resin) is melted along with water. Then the remaining ingredients are added to it, and semisolid paste is made which is rolled to tablet form.
Use 1-2 tablets, 2-3 times a day, before or after having your meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Mahayograj Guggul is extensively used Ayurvedic treatment for gout, it decreases joint swelling and pain.
- Effective in Haemorrhoids, piles, anal Fistula, Diseases of abdomen and can reduce the pain in umbilical region.
- Provides beneficial effects in musculoskeletal disorders and nerve pain, Epilepsy as well in diabetes.
- Benefits in Malabsorption syndrome
- Reduces stiffness’ and tightness in the chest
- Improves the Tastelessness
- Good to use in Colicky Pain, Urinary disorders, Obesity, Rat poisoning, Eye disorder.
- Beneficial in Phthisis, Dyspnea/Asthma, Cough, sprue Anemia.
- Efficient in vitiation of semen, menstrual disorder, Infertility.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It is better to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.