Maharasnadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Rasnadi Kwath, kashaya, kwatha etc. It has potent anti inflammatory benefits.
Maharasnadi Kashayam benefits:
It is used in Vata disorders like Kampavata (Parkinson’s disease), hemiplegia, paraplegia, Neck pain, low back pain,rheumatiod arthirits, osteo arthritis, bloating disease, knee pain, hip pain.
It is also used in the treatment of infertility of both male and female.
Maharasnadi Kashayam dose:
The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
REFERENCE: SHARANGADHARA SAMHITA
Maharasnadi Kashayam (Kwath) is an herbal formulation. It cures Vata disorders like arthritis, infertility, filaria, locked jaw, sperm disorders, gout, hernia, knee pain. This medicine pacifies Vata Dosha. While consuming this medicine you should avoid Vata aggravating foods like peas, cauliflower, spices. You should also eat light and easily digestible food. Cumin, asafetida, bitter gourd, bottle gourd help in reducing aggravated Vata.
- Greater galanjal (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Camel thorn (Alhagi pseudalhagi)
- Country mallow (Sida cordifolia)
- Castor root (Ricinus communis)
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Vriddhadaru (Argyreia speciosa)
- Shatapushpa (Anethum sowa)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Prativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Golden rain tree (Cassia fistula)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Porcupine flower (Barleria prionitis)
- Yellow berried nightshade (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Coriander seeds (Coriandrum sativum)
- Poison berry (Solanum indicum)
Method Of Preparation
Clean the ingredients and add them to 8 parts of water and put it over flame. Boil it and reduce it to just 1/4th part and let it cool down. Once cooled, filter the concoction and store it in dark bottles away from heat and light.
12 to 24 ml before meals with equal amounts of water.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Knee pain
- Pelvic pain
- Lower backache
- There are no reported side effects.
- Self-medication should be avoided