Mint Powder is an all purpose herb – good to taste and great for health. The principle component of the herb is peppermint oil. It is safe to use and consumed in many forms in day to day life.
Uses of Mint Powder
The aroma, flavor and medicinal properties of mint are used in many spheres of life.
- A culinary delight! Used to flavor food as a key ingredient in chutneys and marinates – used to prepare meat, soups, sauces, salad dressing, etc.
- Used in food industry to flavor ice creams, chocolates, desserts, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Used as an appetizer, digestive, antispasmodic and carminative agent
- Used cosmetically as refreshing face washes and shampooes to cure dandruff
- Used in preparation of herbal medicines, balms and ointments to cure ache and pains
- Used as a detoxifying and antioxidant agent
- Used to treat stings (bee and scorpion) and bites (dogs, mosquitoes, hornets, wasps and gnats)
- Used commercially in the preparation of mints, mouth fresheners, toothpaste, gels, etc
Health Benefits of Mint Powder
Mint powder can be used safely by a layman to experience its health benefits, as it is has no toxic effects and is readily available. Here are some benefits of mint powder
- Cures respiratory disorders like asthma, coughs, congestion, and cold
- Good for stomach problems like indigestion, acidity, worm infestation, flatulence, colic, diarrhea, etc.
- Reduces cramps – beneficial in reducing stomachache and menstrual cramps
- It has a relaxing effect - relieves headaches, migraines and reduces stress and tension
- Treats nausea and vomiting
- Generally good for health - atherosclerosis, hypertonic diseases, and kidney and liver diseases
- Helps in orals care as it is germicidal and a breath freshener
- Excellent wound healing properties
- Antioxidants in mint help prevent cancer