Peepal (Ravi Beradu) is a tree according to Lord Krishna whose roots are in upward direction and branches towards downward and mantra is its leaves. Classified in the category of astringent drugs, Peepal is useful in checking excess of urination. It pacifies bleeding from nose or other parts of the body, heals wounds, pacifies burning sensation and is useful in diarrhea.
Peepal is a tree where all pilgrimages reside in. Peepal is holy tree. Not only India but other countries like China, Japan, Burma, and Indonesia etc. too worship this holy tree. It is worshipped like Lord Vishnu and all auspicious ceremonies are performed under this tree. Those who are suffering from the malefic effects of Shani or Saturn get relief when they worship the Peepal. Nourishing Peepal with water in the month of April-May carries a special significance.
Bark of Peepal is useful not only in checking excess quantity of urine but also it helps to stabilize fetus and improves sexual power. Peepal acts as an ideal drug for infertility
External application of Ravi Beradu
- Newly emerged Beradu used as a paste improves to fair complexion of skin.
- In case of edema paste of Peepal tree bark with ghee helps a lot.
- Sprinkling of Peepal tree bark on bleeding helps to check blood loss.
- In case of pain in the body, application of Peepal tree milk gives relief.
- Gargling with decoction of Peepal bark helps in checking mouth sore.
- Use of fine powder of Peepal tree bark as local application gives relief in fistula.
- When there are cracks in the feet, use of milk of Peepal tree gives relief.
- Application of Peepal tree ash is useful in breast abscess.
- In case of piles applying paste of Neem and Peepal tree leaves gives relief.
- Application of ash of Peepal tree on chest region helps to check hiccup.
Internal application of Peepal
- Paste of newly emerged leaves or bark is helpful in case of diarrhea.
- Decoction of Peepal tree is useful in gout. Its regular use lowers serum uric acid level.
- In case of impotency decoction of Peepal tree parts prepared in milk gives benefits.
- Powder of Peepal fruits with haritaki or hard is useful in diabetes.
- Juice of tender leaves of Peepal leaves with honey is useful in heart diseases.
- Decoction of bark of tamarind and Peepal tree is useful when there is difficulty in menstruation.