Vat Vidhwans Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is used in the treatment of neuritis, colic pain, etc. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
Vat Vidhwans Ras Uses:
- It is used in the treatment of neuritis, abdominal colic, malabsorption syndrome and gynaecological disorders.
Vat Vidhwans Rasa dosage:
250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, ghee, butter etc.
REFERENCE: YOGARATNAKARA VATAVYADHI CHIKITSA
Vat Vidhwansan Ras is an herbal formulation in the form of tablet or powder. This medicine should be taken under strict medical supervision as it comprises of heavy metallic ingredients. It is helpful in treating neuritis, colic pain. It helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- Purified mercury
- Purified sulphur
- Lead calx
- Tin calx
- Iron bhasma
- Copper bhasma
- Purified mica
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Saunth (Zingiber officinalis)
- Purified aconitum
- Myrobalans decoction
- Lead wort (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Arka (Calotropis procera)
- Tamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Chandrashura (Lepidium sativum)
- Lemon juice
Method Of Preparation
All the ingredients are cleaned and finely powdered. These powders are mixed and ground with the liquids thrice. They're then dried to form a homogenous powder.
250 mg twice a day after meals. It is traditionally taken with honey, ghee, butter etc.
- Abdominal colic
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Gynecological disorders
- Over dosage might lead to poisonous effects.
- Self-medication might cause complications as it contains heavy metal ingredients.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in children.