KUMKUMA PUVVU (SAFFRON)
Saffron is a spice which is obtained from the flower of 'CROCUS SATIVUS'
The crimson stigma & style are called threads, which are collected , dried & used as a colouring & seasoning agent in food & in preparation of many ayurvedic medicines like patrangasavam , pushyanaga churna etc..,
KEY - BENEFITS :
* It contains antioxidants , which help fight cell damage & prevent cancer. It also improves memory and learning ability & prevents neurological condition i.e.,Parkinsonism.
* It helps to increase vitality , as it acts as a sexual stimulant.
* Taking saffron in diet , helps to treat PMS symptoms like cravings,pains,anxiets,headache,irritability & delayed puberty
* Saffron mixed with honey / milk, helps to enhance complexion of skin & improves immunity & sexual vigour.
* Diseases of head/headache
* Worm infestation
* Eye disorders
* Cough & hiccups
* Freckles & melasma
* Improves digestive fire
* Improves complexion
* Reduces menstrual cramps
* Balances vata
* 5-6 threads with milk once/twice a day (maximum)
* 3-4 threads with honey to relieve cough
( DO NOT BOIL SAFFON IN MILK / WATER )
* Due to its hot potency , it should be taken in recommended dose
* Avoid self medication during pregnancy.