Hair care is something we do especially when we are going for an outing or occasion. Some ladies do care their hair throughout the year. But some of us do not have to care our hair on a regular basis. Caring hair means using shampoo and conditioners that are available in the market. But, that is not a good remedy. These days the shampoos available in the market are filled with chemicals. You might not see your hair damage initially but gradually you can view several problems cropping up in your hair. The best way to avoid such problem is the natural way of hair care. All you need to do is avail the natural soap. The soap nuts or Kunkudukai is a great remedy which you can practically experience after few days of use.
is commonly used as a natural alternative to shampoo in southern part of India. It is known by different names like Kunkudukaya,
Soap nuts are a kind of fruit that grows on a medium sized deciduous tree. The ripen fruits are sold in the market as aritha. It has a soapy texture and is used in making soaps, shampoos and detergents for washing hands. These fruits are naturally anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and are very gentle on the skin.
Uses of kunkudukai / kunkudkaya
Kunkudukai is used as the main ingredient in soaps and shampoos for washing hair. It is considered good for the health of hair.
- The jewellers in India use this plant to brighten the ornaments made of precious metals like gold, silver, etc.
- This herb is also used in the treatment of migraine, epilepsy and choruses.
- Kunkudkaya has the insecticidal properties which help in removing lice from the scalp.
- The herb is also used in washing cardamoms and in improving their flavour and colour.
- It is also one of the herbs that are used for treatment of contaminated soil.
Benefits for hair