Mandara also known as gudhal in Hindi, is extremely beneficial for hair. This flower along with its leaves is used in so many ways to fight hair fall, induce hair growth and also gives satisfactory results in bald patches. It is also said that hibiscus dyes the hair and prevents premature aging. All these properties are due to the high nutritional value of the hibiscus flower and hibiscus leaves. It is rich in amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and alpha Hydroxy acids along with other nutrients. Hibiscus is also available in the market in the form of powder or one can use the hibiscus flower and leaves if there is a plant they could get hold of.
Benefits of Hibiscus for hair
Hibiscus provides so many benefits for hair due to its vitamin C and amino acid rich composition. The flowers are lathery and mucilaginous which makes this plant a wonderful product to be used for healthier hair.
- It helps and prevents the premature graying of hair when used as hair oil or hair pack.
- Hibiscus is known to combat hair loss and hair fall in men and women.
- Hibiscus is good for all skin types and does no harm.
- Hibiscus makes the hair roost and strands stronger.
- It conditions the hair mildly and keeps them bouncier.
- How to use hibiscus for hair & Uses for Hair Care
Hibiscus can be used in variety of different ways like as Hibiscus shampoos, hair oil and hair conditioners. A good thing is that you can prepare all these Hibiscus hair care related products yourself at home. Getting Hibiscus enriched products from the store may also carry a disadvantage in the form of preservatives and chemicals.
Here, are some detailed recipe of Hibiscus uses as hair oil, shampoos and hair conditioner or rinse.