Pacha Karpooram enhances the taste of the dishes. It is used mainly in sweets and desserts. We use it in making Sakkarai Pongal which helps to enhance the aroma and flavor. It should be added only a pinch.
You might have seen some recipes calling for edible camphor. Not all camphors are edible. Pacha Karpooram are edible and can be used in making food items. The label should have a direct mention that it is edible or else do not use for cooking.
Pacha Karpooram in different languages:
Scientific Name - Cinnamomum Camphora
Edible Camphor - English
Hindi - Kacha Karpoor or Pachchaa Karpoora
Tamil - Pachai Karpooram
Telugu - Pachchaa Karpoora or Cheen Karpooram
Health Benefits of Pacha Karpooram :
In addition to the nice aroma and flavor, Edible camphor has the following health benefits too.
1. A pinch of edible camphor helps to have a good sleep. You can have it with warm milk.
2. It is used as main ingredient in an ayurvedic medicine called 'Karpoorasava'. The medicine is used to treat diarrhoea, vomiting and digestion problems.
3. Boil a pinch of edible camphor and ajwain seeds in 1/2 cup water. Allow it to reduce to half of t the original quanitity. Filter the water and drink it for treating digestion problems.
4. Small amount of camphor can be heated with coconut oil and massaged in the chest for treating cold and cough. You can use normal camphor too. Check how to prepare here . Pacha Karpooram and oil catch fire easily. So, pay full attention while preparing it.
5. Camphor essential oil is available in market which can be used for various hair and skin problems. There are different camphor essential oils available.
Order deliveries will be made between 10AM – 6:30PM Monday – Saturday.
Goods will need to be signed for upon delivery. If you cannot be there to sign for your delivery please suggest an alternative i.e. a family member, colleague, neighbour, etc. Wonder Herbals® takes no responsibility for goods signed by an alternative person.
Wonder Herbals® is not responsible for damage after delivery.
All claims for shortages or damages must be reported to customer service on the day of delivery.
Shipping and handling rates may vary based on product, packaging, size , volume, type and other considerations. The shipping and handling charges are given at the time of check out and consumers will know about this before making payments.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations..
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound..
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. Or mail:firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item..
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).