shonti is a medicine which treats much illness. It is used in Ayurveda medicines since centuries. Dry ginger powder,called saunth in Hindi is hot and dry by nature.
- Dried ginger has been used in traditional medicine to give relief from gastrointestinal distress. It is found to be effective in eliminating gas from the intestines and helps in the relaxation of the tract.
- Ginger is very beneficial in the prevention of motion sickness. It reduces nausea and cold sweats, dizziness and vomiting. It is also effective in morning sickness in pregnant women
- The shonti in dried ginger has very powerful anti-inflammatory properties which help in decreasing the level of pain of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. People with knee problem have also experienced the decrease of pain after daily consumption of ginger powder for a period of one year.
- shonti also prevent the growth and spread of colorectal cancer cells. They may also kill ovarian cancer cells by inducing programmed cell death and self-digestion.
- Ginger can promote sweating which helps to lower body temperature. This process is helpful when treating colds and flusand also helps the body get rid of toxins.
- Tea made with dried ginger helps in treating digestive disorders.
- Ginger powder or sonti when added to warm milk or tea gives relief from cold, acidity indigestion and viral fever.
- Spoonful of dried ginger powder with hot rice keeps the stomach clean and body healthy.
helps in weight loss by serving as adigestive help. An effective digestive system helps in ingesting food efficiently and can contribute to weight loss as bulk of the food is processed and eliminated out of the body. Effective digestion helps in using up of the glucose in the blood and stored fat.
- also helps in weight loss by improving metabolism The stored fat in the body can be burnt off by the increased rate of metabolism.
- Stomachache, constipation and indigestion can be relieved by taking a spoon of ginger powder, rock salt in a glass of hot water.
- A mixture of black salt helps in removing gas. Grind dried ginger and carom seeds together. Wet this mixture with lime juice. Dry this mixture in shade and add salt. This powder taken every morning gives relief from gas and abdominal pain.
- Hiccough can be relieved by drinking milk which has been boiled with dry ginger and cooled
- Pain and blood during urination can be cured by drinking milk with dry ginger and candy sugar.
- Pain in Ribs can be stopped by drinking boiled and cooled dry ginger water four times a day.
- Dry ginger eaten with powder is helpful in piles, jaundice and swelling
- Cough and Cold can be cured with a mixture of ghee, honey and dry ginger powder. It stops cough and reduces phlegm
- Swollen gums and toothache can be relieved by gulping down dry ginger powder with water.
- Numbness of hands and feet can be treated by applying a paste made of garlic, dry ginger and water.
- Headaches including migraine, neck pain, body aches can be relieved by applying a paste of ground ginger and water. Sniffing dry ginger causes sneezing which relieves headache.
- Joint Pains can be relieved by putting a bandage that is dipped in a powder of dry ginger, nutmeg and sesame oil around the joint
- Gout can be reduced by drinking boil water with honey and powder.
- Fever can be reduced by licking mixed honey and powder.