How do you ship your orders? by ground couriers We deliver most of our orders through courier partners such as Bluedart and FedEx. For a few remote locations where there is no other courier service available, we use India Post to deliver your orders. Do you ship to international locations? We currently ship only within India and do not ship to any international location. How much time does it take for an order to be delivered? We deliver your order within 4-7 working days post-dispatch in A-1 and A-2 Metros (New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad). For the rest of the cities, we deliver between 10-15 business days. Delivery by ground takes a little longer than air couriers. Ground-shipped orders are delivered to you between 5-7 business days post-dispatch. Deliveries to very remote locations such as North East may take up to 7 business days or longer, depending on the location's geographical constraints. How can I track my order? As soon as we ship your order, you receive an e-mail notification with a link to track your order. You can also access this information from your 'My Account' section at the top right corner on our website www.wonderherbals.com. Online tracking usually goes live within 24-48 business hours post shipping. How long do you take to dispatch an order? The duration of dispatching an order depends on the type of order you have placed. Types of order are: In-stock items (Items that we stock in our 4 warehouses hyderabad ): These items are dispatched the same or the next day of order placement. What are the shipping charges on wonderherbals.com? The shipping charges may apply on a product. The charges will vary depending on the quantity of a product. The charges will be mentioned on the product page along with other product details. For example: 1 quantity of a product may carry 50 rupees as shipping charges and purchasing an additional quantity of the same product may carry additional shipping charges of 50 rupees (i.e. total shipping charges= 100 rupees). Certain products may come with free shipping i.e. zero shipping charges. However, if the order amount is less than Rs 500, a minimal shipping charge of Rs 50 is applicable. Please read the product details column before placing an order. Why dispatch of heavy products take more than the expected time? Certain times waybill/road permit is required for heavy products transferred from one state to another so, if you don't fall under this, consider yourself lucky!! Dispatch of heavy products take more than the expected time: l. Firstly, the fulfillment of your order may require a certain road permit/declaration/inward form to be filled,which can either be downloaded from the respective state's sales tax website or one has to physically go to the nearest sales tax office to procure the above. 2. Also, at times entry taxes as per the Commercial Tax Government rules are levied by the respective state where the goods are shipped (However, it might vary from product to product.) 3. The customer is liable to fill road permit/declaration/inward form and/or pay the entry tax to fulfill the order. 4. The failure of filling the form or not paying the entry tax leads to shipment hold, which eventually may lead to order cancellation & refund. 5. Hence, to have a smooth product dispatch process, form filling and payment of entry taxes wherever required plays a major role.
REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY At Wonder Herbals, we understand how much you value your every purchase. And we are committed to making your shopping experience with us as delightful as possible. Therefore, in the rare event that you are not fully satisfied with what you ordered, just return it to us. You can conveniently initiate the return on our Website. We will ensure you get a resolution as quickly as possible. Our Returns policy may vary slightly depending on the product and seller. We assure you that all products sold on WonderHerbals are brand new and 100% genuine. In case the product you received is ‘Damaged’, ‘Defective’ or ‘Not as Described’, our Friendly Returns policy has got you covered. Possible resolution could be Replacement, Exchange or Refund in case we are unable to provide a Replacement/Exchange. All this is backed byWonderHerbals’s Replacement Guarantee. Kindly click here to know the return policy period applicable for different categories. In any case, all your purchases on WonderHerbals are backed by Buyer Protection for 15 days from the date of delivery, in case you face any issues. If the product is out of stock or a replacement/exchange cannot be issued, full refund in 10 days will be provided on successful pick up of the product at no extra cost.
Thati Kalakanda is made from the sap of the Arenga sugar palm tree which is why Thati Kalakanda is also known as Arenga sugar. The sap of the tree is extracted from the inflorescence of the tree which is the thick stem on which a cluster of flowers grows. The sap is then boiled until it forms a syrup that is then sold.
The sap may also be allowed to crystallize so that it can be sold as a small cake of Thati Kalakanda r instead of palm sugar syrup. Palm sugar can also be obtained from other trees such as the date palm or sugar palm trees. Coconut sugar is the most well-known type of Thati Kalakanda . It is produced in the same way as other palm sugars, and it is very common in Africa and Asia. Jaggery is one of the most common types of palm sugar in India and it is often used in sweetmeats and local delicacies.
Health Benefits of Thati Kalakanda
The major components of Thati Kalakanda are sucrose, glucose and fructose. The quantities of each of these components of Thati Kalakanda nutrition will differ depending on the type of palm used to obtain the sugar and on the processing methods employed. Organic foods are grown without the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides, and although they are more expensive, they have no chemical residue. This is why you should choose organic palm sugar or organic coconut palm sugar when shopping for natural palm sugar. Here are a few palm sugar benefits:
- Thati Kalakanda Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS): are used to maintain the electrolyte balance within the cells of our body. These solutions are essential in cases of diarrhea or vomiting where the individual loses a large amount of fluids along with minerals and salts. To make an oral rehydration solution with palm sugar, mix 6 teaspoons of this sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt in one liter of lukewarm water.
- Boosts Energy Levels: It takes very little time for palm sugar to be broken down and absorbed by the body. In fact, this digestive process begins as soon as the sugar enters your mouth and comes in contact with saliva. You can mix a few teaspoons of palm sugar in your morning glass of fresh fruit juice to sweeten your drink and give you a much needed energy boost at the start of your day. You can also have a spoon of palm sugar with your cup of tea in the evening to keep your energy levels elevated.
- Thati Kalakanda for Diabetes Patients: Manufacturers of Thati Kalakanda often claim that it has a low glycemic index which means that consuming palm sugar will not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar levels. The Philippine Coconut Authority states that the glycemic index of coconut palm sugar is 35, which makes it a low glycemic index food. However, other authoritative sources, including the University of Sydney in Australia, put the glycemic index of coconut palm sugar at 54 which is the same as that of regular sugar. To be on the safe side, it would be wise to follow the recommendations of the ADA (American Diabetes Association). The organization states that people with diabetes can consume coconut palm sugar but they should treat it in the same manner as regular sugar.
- Natural Unbleached Sweetener: Bone char is made by burning animal bones and it is often used in the refining process to remove organic and inorganic impurities. The bone char comes in contact with the sugar solution which is a concern to vegans and vegetarians. Additionally, there are other de-colorizing and de-ashing agents that may be used to bleach and refine sugar. The process of refining strips the unrefined sugar of a lot of its nutrients. Palm sugar is unrefined and so it contains a few vitamins and several minerals that would help to ensure that you meet your daily nutritional requirements. Most palm sugars contain potassium, nitrogen, phosphorous, iron and zinc. These minerals boost brain function and bolster the immune system.
- Promotes Musculoskeletal Health: Thati Kalakanda, especially coconut palm sugar contains a modest amount of potassium. 1 teaspoon of coconut palm sugar provides 1 per cent of a person’s daily requirement for potassium. The average American consumes a whopping 22 teaspoons of sugar a day which means that if an individual switched to coconut palm sugar, he would be able to meet 22 per cent of his potassium requirement through palm sugar alone! 22 spoons of sugar is obviously extremely unhealthy but if you substitute your regular sugar for coconut palm sugar in your tea and other daily beverages, you would be able to meet between 5-10 per cent of your potassium requirements. Potassium is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in the health and maintenance of bone and muscle tissue.
Need some help? Ask us!